This quick and easy recipe pairs perfectly with our Vino Rosado as an entree for four people.
Olive oil-good quality Spanish
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or balsamic)
2 six inch cooking chorizo, cut in 1/4 inch slices
12 sea scallops, cleaned
1 large bunch Italian (flat leaf) parsley
10-12 oz. sliced Spanish pimentos (drained). Bottled pimentos work best.
1) Coarse chop the parsley and pimentos.
2) Whisk 3 tbsp olive oil with 1 tbsp sherry vinegar and add coarse chopped shallot. Sautee in a hot pan for two minutes. Combine the shallots, parsley and pimentos then gently toss. Add salt to taste.
3) Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and sautee the chorizo slices until firm and done.
4) While the chorizo is cooking, divide the pimento/shallot/parsley mixture into four equal parts and place each part on a separate plate.
5) After the chorizo is firm and done, divide it equally into four parts and spoon each part onto the pimento mixture.
6) Wipe out the frying pan and add a little olive oil. Heat the oil and add the scallops. Sautee the scallops for one minute on each side. Use a timer and DO NOT OVER COOK!!!
7) Place three scallops on each plate and serve with well-chilled Barcelona Celler Vino Rosado.
260 calories per serving